Wednesday, September 13, 2017

For the love of our Lord



And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:30-31

Unbelievers often ask me how I would feel if I died and woke up to find that God isn’t real. They suppose that I would feel like my life was somehow deprived for living according to His will. As if I grudgingly gave up a sinful lifestyle, denying myself any sort of pleasure in order to follow Him.

Living His way isn’t torturous. We do not feel like we are missing anything by living according to His standards. If our devotion to Him was done unwillingly, if we begrudged Him a changed life, then we would be merely hypocrites. How could we be said to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength if we did not willingly follow His ways? Just as He laid down His life for us out of His love for us, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 so we should laid down our lives for Him, out of love for Him. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:37-38


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come

Come you who are poor in spirit Come you who mourn Shelter beneath His wings Come you who are heavily laden Come take up His yoke ...